I’ve been using, or trying to use, my bullet journal for almost 3 weeks now. Like any change in routine, it has been really good, but it also has its challenges. And without further ado, I will jump into the bullet points.
- Before I got my bullet journal I was using 2 notebooks and I haven’t been able to give either of them up yet so now I am carrying around 3 notebooks. That is at least 1 too many notebooks.
- At work I tend to use my notebook for notes and to do lists and whatever else I need to write down. My bullet journal is too “fancy” and too specifically organized for that. I fear I will never get away from having at least 2 notebooks
- I haven’t yet found the future logs to be very useful. Maybe that will come with more time?
- I’ve combined my work and personal life to do lists in my bullet journal and that has definitely made me more efficient. If there’s a small thing on my personal list it is right in front of me when I’m eating lunch or something and I can just get it done instead of forgetting it.
- This type of journaling provides a delicious sense of accomplishment
- I’ve gone onto to YouTube and looked at some videos of the really creative things people are doing with their bullet journals. Wow, some people take bullet journals very seriously! While I am not up to design themes for each month or much artwork I have added a few other trackers into my journal and I am enjoying seeing my progress in those areas too
Like any good Agile practitioner, I will keep on refining my process with the bullet journal.
My first goal is to get down to no more than 2 notebooks.